The mission of The Tandana Foundation (TTF) is: “To support the achievement of community goals and address global inequalities through caring intercultural relationships that embody mutual respect and responsibility.”
The Tandana Foundation is looking for a mission-driven person to lead our development efforts on a part-time basis. The Development Director works closely with the Founding Director to identify funding sources, plan development strategy, cultivate donor relationships, and engage stakeholders. We are especially looking for someone who identifies strongly with our mission and who is excited to make connections and generate more resources to advance it.
The position will remain open until we find the right candidate. Start date is negotiable.
• Work with the Founding Director, Operations Director, and President to develop a fundraising strategy and plan for each year including targeted approaches to different donor segments.
• Coordinate communications around the strategy and participate in marketing and outreach.
• Collaborate with Operations Director and Founding Director on appeals and reports.
• Research potential sources for grants, potential major donors, and potential corporate sponsors and make plans with the Founding Director for pursuing them.
• Coordinate the fall annual appeal mailing.
• Lead the planning and implementation of an annual fundraising event, whether in person or online.
• Participate in donor acknowledgment, stewardship, and tracking.
• Lead the Development Committee in partnership with a Board committee chair.
A successful candidate must have:
• Passion for Tandana’s mission and for respectful intercultural collaboration
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop rapport with people from many different backgrounds
• A strong track record of responsibility and follow-through
• Excellent written communication skills in English
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
• Integrity, trustworthiness, and sound judgment
In addition, it is beneficial but not required for a candidate to have:
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree
• At least three years professional development/marketing/communications experience
• Proficiency with applications such as MS Office, Dropbox, Asana, email applications, etc.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and outstanding organization
• Creativity and adaptability
• Certification in Fundraising Management or CFRE
• Flexible schedule, 20 hours per week.
• Remote work most of the time; 2-3 trips per year.
• Salary of $20,000-$24,000, commensurate with experience.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In alignment with our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage people of all economic, racial, gender, sexual orientation, age, religious, ethnic, and ability identities to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Aaron DiMartino at info [at] tandanafoundation.org